What is an HR Manager?
Top HR Manager candidates will be hird to lead the HR department, overseeing administrative and organizational functions and working closely with executive leadership. HR Managers often design and implement effective HR strategies, shaping company culture and driving employee engagement.
Hiring an HR Manager
HR Managers should have proven knowledge of HR systems and automation, with experience implementing enterprise database and human capital management (HCM) systems. A successful HR Manager should have excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills, along with excellent sourcing and talent-development skills.Beyond the creativity and education this position demands, the ideal HR Manager will demonstrate leadership and the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
Duties of an HR Manager
- Strategically advise executive management regarding essential human resources organization and management issues
- Ensure executive management is compliant and consistent with the interpretation and implementation of human resources policies and procedures
- Conduct and oversee the investigation and management of human resources-related internal complaints, outside agency inquiries, litigated and non-litigated complaints, and compliance audits
- Develop and implement competitive and cost-effective health and welfare plans; oversee their administration and annual renewal
Interview Questions to Ask
Asking the right interview questions when hiring an HR Manager is critical. When interviewing, we recommend engaging in thoughtful conversations and purposeful relationship building. Here are some starter questions to consider when hiring an HR Manager:
- What qualities do you feel are the most valuable as an HR Manager?
- How do you create productive collaboration with a team that is dealing with conflict?
- What programs have you found the most successful at increasing employee engagement and retention?
- What do you see as the role of HR in creating and maintaining a vibrant company culture?
Land your dream job as
an HR Manager
Getting your foot in the door with an amazing company can be a challenge. Our recruiting experts are ready to help you land your next dream role.
What is an HR Manager?
What are Measurable KPIs for HR Managers?
What Experience is Needed to be an HR Manager?
What are Some Specialties within HR Management?
As a leading, high-end administrative recruitment agency, Career Group specializes in staffing administrative support, finance and accounting staff, human resources, family office positions, and more. We are proud to be industry leaders, creating deep-rooted relationships and using a curated approach to make the perfect match. Careers start here.
As one of the top creative staffing agencies in the country, Syndicatebleu places highly skilled professionals in direct hire, temp-to-hire, and contract roles at some of the most notable companies nationwide. We specialize in staffing creative, digital, marketing, tech, IT, and sales talent across a diverse range of industries.
We understand that people are the cornerstone of the fashion industry. Fourth Floor specializes in staffing within the apparel, beauty, and lifestyle industries. As premier fashion recruiters, we take a hands-on approach to each search, allowing us to adapt to changing trends in both fashion and recruiting. Fashion careers start at Fourth Floor.
At CG Search, we specialize in building your executive team. We are a premier executive search firm placing top-tier talent in director to C-level roles, with clients ranging from Fortune 100 to boutique startup firms. Our tenured Search Consultants handle these critical searches with the utmost discretion, nuance, and care. Let us help you shine.
For events large and small, Event Team has your staffing needs covered. Our expansive network of event staff spans the nation, and we’ll work with you every step of the way to make your next experience unforgettable. We set the highest standard for event staffing, using a high-touch approach and exceptional on-site staff management.