Los Angeles, CA
IT Systems Specialist
At Career Group Companies, we are all about recruiting. CGC was started to set a higher standard for recruiting, with a hands-on approach. Based in Los Angeles and founded in 1981, we created a family of brands to better serve our clients, talent, and the wide array of industries they represent.
We are actively seeking a personable, outgoing Systems Specialist (Network Administrator) to join our growing Information Technologies division in our beautiful Century City headquarters!
As the Systems Specialist, you will provide daily support and assistance for computer, network, and storage systems.
You will troubleshoot issues for the entire staff through various forms of communication.
We have offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, New York and Dallas with about 200 users.
The Systems Specialist will work closely with the Director of IT and the Systems Administrator, and is responsible for solving day to day issues, monitoring networks, performing system maintenance, and making recommendations to both solve problems and improve day to day operations. The Systems Specialist may be required to perform scheduled and emergency work outside of normal business hours.
• Provides daily support and assistance for computer systems
• Provides Tier 2 support for escalated tickets
• Researches new technologies and make recommendations
• Creates documentation for various IT operational tasks for both IT members and regular staff
• Monitors the status of all equipment (servers, networking gear, services, etc.), and the integrity of backups
• Provides networking support with understanding of LANs, WANs, and ISP services
• Assists with the configuration and troubleshooting of the following systems; Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Email, GPO, Phones (Zoom)
• Aids in securing company assets through the use of various security products and patch management
• Uses tools to create automated methods of administration that assist both the company and the support team
• A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or related experience.
• Prior experience as a Tier 2 level administrator (3-5 years).
• Microsoft or industry standard certifications are highly desired.
• Windows Server experience including a high working knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and File Servers, Group Policy.
• Advanced desktop support with various hardware and software.
• Practical networking experience in an enterprise environment.
• Knowledge of Cisco routing and networking a plus.
• Telephony system (IP based) experience a plus.
• Powershell or comparable scripting language highly desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication are a must.
We offer an incredible collaborative work culture, outstanding compensation and benefits package, and tremendous career growth potential.
If you are passionate about IT and growing a career, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF for immediate consideration.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.