New York, NY
Housekeeper to Ultra-HNWI
The Housekeeper (HK) impeccably maintains the family’s private residences in lower Manhattan and in Hudson Valley, NY focusing on all aspects of the household including housekeeping; cleaning; cooking; organizing; grocery shopping; purchasing and stocking supplies; daily plant and flower care; and laundry, pressing & steaming, and detailed garment care. The HK ensures the high global service standards for the family’s residences and properties are achieved and the Principals’ vision for the home(s) are executed.
The HK works closely with other members of the family office team to carry out day to day responsibilities for the private residences. The HK takes initiative for their set of responsibilities, is ultra focused on details and naturally able to anticipate the needs of the family and guests when in residence. The HK is professional, reliable, flexible and responsive, and provides exceptional service to the Principal/family and guests, while remaining discreet and upholding the utmost respect for boundaries, privacy, and confidentiality at all times.
• Executes the family’s “environment sensitive” goals in the residence with activities such as maintaining an environmentally safe pantry and utilizing environmentally friendly cleaning supplies. Ensure efforts are made to reduce the operational consumption of resources and manage waste through environmentally sensitive practices.
• Shop for all food and household supplies. Conduct and keep updated regular inventory, maintain appropriate quantities, and remove expired items when necessary. Emphasis on sourcing natural organic products and fresh farm to table produce.
• Dust, vacuum, and wash floors, carpets, windows, window treatments, and lighting fixtures. Utilize the highest level of care and professional estate-level techniques to maintain valuable collection of fine art and furnishings.
• Handles all laundry and care for clothing.
• Provide hands-on housekeeping including all aspects of daily, maintenance and deep seasonal cleaning of household interiors (kitchen, baths, living areas, pantries, etc.).
• Organize closets and turn them over each season.
• Handle basic flower procurement and arranging.
• Daily plant management including ensuring fresh flowers are cut and presented, and plants are watered.
• Establish, document, and maintain cleaning and service standards; product instructions; cleaning methods and housekeeping procedures for the residence. Where appropriate, manuals should use photos and outline daily, weekly, monthly, and annual housekeeping activities, and stock lists.
• Develop and maintain detailed manuals on food preferences, caterers and allergies.
• Set up and clean-up for meals.
• Ensure home(s) is clean, set-up and ‘guest ready’ always for the family and guests.
• Regularly clean and preserve indoor and outdoor furniture.
• Set up/clean up before and after social gatherings in the home. Support catering services as needed.
• Actively update the Property Manager and keep him/her informed about any non-routine or emergent matters related to maintaining the residence.
• Run housekeeping-related errands for family when in residence, as needed.
• Receive and log parcels in the home.
• Pet care for bird, as requested.
• Assist Property Director and/or Manager with requested tasks.
• Collaborate with property and administrative team on scheduling, itineraries, personal preferences, and food menus for when family and guests are in residence.
• Build effective relationships with Administrative, Property and Finance staff to smoothly carry out responsibilities.
• Liaise with Finance on all residence invoices.
• Provide back-up support to Family Office team as needed.
• Minimum of 10 years of domestic house management experience in a UHNW private home or estate.
• Commitment to environmentally sensitive practices.
• Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional commitment and dedication to daily responsibilities.
• In depth knowledge of and experience in proper cleaning and maintenance of all clothing and surfaces within the residence, including flooring, hardware, wall coverings, drapery, and art.
• Knowledgeable about laundry and ironing; understands how to care for and clean different materials. Experience with fine fabrics and garments a plus.
• Knowledge of cleaning and care of museum quality art and fine objects.
• Ability to multitask and remain patient and calm in the face of unexpected challenges.
• Analytical with a keen ability to solve problems, often several at any given time.
• Proactive attitude and approaches problems with a sense of possibility.
• Always striving to improve the way things are done so they are most efficient.
• Courteous, pleasant demeanor, extremely discreet, honest, non-obtrusive, and responsible character.
• Extraordinarily service oriented and implicitly understands the nuances of providing invisible levels of service.
• Great teamwork skills as well as the ability to work autonomously.
• Seasoned ability to follow Principal’s specific requests and anticipate needs.
• Exceptional communication skills including but not limited to speaking, interpersonal, and written correspondence.
• Knowledge of general use and maintenance of household appliances, electronics, and equipment.
• Experience in cooking vegetarian meals a plus
• Proficiency in Mac, MS Office Suite, and iCloud.
• Flexibility with hours and scheduling; willing to work long hours and at times, on short notice.
• Ability to regularly handle a medium level of manual labor including lifting, pushing, and pulling objects/machinery up to 20lbs.
• Ability to frequently reach, bend, kneel, and crouch.
• Experience with bird care a plus.
• Fluent in English.
• All family office private residential properties are smoke-free environments.
• Legally eligible to work in the United States at time of hire.
• Valid Driver's License required to travel between residences is committed to helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to protecting the safety of our employees. All employees will be required to be fully vaccinated unless the employee is approved for a reasonable accommodation due to a disability or a religious reason.
• Residence in one of the five NYC boroughs (or close to Hudson Valley, NY) is strongly preferred for ease of access to the Family residences.
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.