New York, NY
Office/Operations Manager – Tech/Design Firm
A growing technical design and research & development firm is looking to hire a top Operations professional to join their esteemed team of deep thinkers. This is based at their recently opened new 36,000 sq ft facility with a design atelier, lab, and production workshops. The ideal candidate will have experience leading operations for a physical workplace, managing a small team, and building processes and policies from the ground up.
The Operations hire will be responsible for fostering a supportive and seamless work environment. The Operations hire will oversee Construction Management for the facility, lead end-to-end Facility Operations, and support the team through People Operations.
Location: Midtown West, NYC – on site Monday – Friday, working 9am-6pm
Pay Range: $125,000-$175,000 + discretionary bonus, unlimited PTO, fully paid benefits package, 401k match and more
• Act as main point of contact with construction teams for ongoing buildout of 36,000 square foot facility
• Drive alignment between construction team and company around design requirements, timelines, budget, etc
• Oversee end-to-end facility operations
• Manage team of 1-3 direct reports
• Manage relationships with facility vendors
• Oversee safety protocols
• Collaborate with the Finance team to administer and improve purchasing processes
• Manage and troubleshoot IT systems with the support of IT vendors
• Facilitate recruiting strategy for open roles, collaborating with executive leadership team + hiring managers
• Manage internal company communications
• Lead onboarding and offboarding for employees
• Organize employee engagement events
• Coordinate with outside counsel to prepare visa applications and support other immigration matters
• Coordinate with external benefits administrator on employee questions, leave of absences, and other human resource issues
Our ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field
• 5+ years of experience in business administration, facilities management, operations, or human resources
• Experience overseeing operations for a physical workplace or facility
• Ability to work on-site Monday-Friday weekly
• People management experience preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office, Google Workspace, ERPs, and general office software
• Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Please submit your resume to apply!
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.