Legal Secretary/Executive Assistant
Our client, a law firm, is looking for a temporary Legal Secretary/Executive Assistant to support multiple partners in their Washington, DC office. The ideal candidate will be tech savvy, a self-starter, and have strong attention to detail!
This position starts in January 2024 and will last for about 6 months, with potential for permanent conversion if the right fit.
Location: Washington, DC
Hours: 9am – 5pm
*To start this role will be fully onsite for training and then have the ability to be hybrid
• Complex calendar management
• Act as a point of contact for fee earners, offering assistance and demonstrating an ability to obtain key information
• Coordinating and arranging meetings ensuring fee earners have all the necessary documentation and details required ahead of meetings
• Preparing correspondence and amending documents
• Establish and maintain an efficient, effective and up to date manual and electronic filing system and other administration systems
• Ensure telephones are covered and answered promptly and professionally at all times
• Assist with the billing process by developing a knowledge of billing procedures, edit bill narratives, prepare client bills, and liaising with Revenue Controllers on behalf of the fee-earner as required
• Handle expense management, submitting claims on a weekly basis
• Maintain a good knowledge of key clients and awareness of the firm’s and of their fee earners’ strategic objectives
• Assists fee earners and MBD department with the production of marketing, including production of pitches, client presentations and maintaining up-to-date CVs
• Assist with client events as and when required
• 3-5 years of experience in the legal or professional services industry
• Must be tech savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to demonstrate absolute discretion with sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Team player mentality, while also being able to work independently
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.