White Plains, NY
Accounting + Finance
Staff Accountant – High-Growth National Healthcare Organization (White Plains, NY)
A high-growth national healthcare organization focused on emergency animal medicine is seeking an eager-to-learn Staff Accountant to join their team. This is a great opportunity for growth and development at a company with a laid-back, dog-friendly culture that values work-life balance.
Salary commensurate with experience: $65-75k base range + medical/dental/vision, 401k with a match, unlimited PTO
Location: White Plains, NY Headquarters (easy 35 minute train commute from Manhattan)
Hybrid: On site 3 days/week, working no more than 40 hours/week.
- Maintain policies and procedures to ensure business requirements are met
- Assist in monthly Sales and Use tax filings in over 15 states
- Maintain schedules and trackers for various tax filings and licenses
- Assist in monthly close procedures including balance sheet and expense account reconciliations
- Assist in financial statement preparation and generation of monthly reporting
- Evaluate financial transactions to ensure they comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Assist other departments with accounting/financial ad hoc requests
- Assist with the annual financial statement audit and income tax preparation
- Prepare reconciliations, journal entries, and ad hock requests and reports as needed
- Drive continuous process improvement and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
WHO YOU ARE
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting/tax
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- Combination of public accounting and/or industry experience in accounting a plus
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel background
- Desire to learn and take on new tasks that arise
Please submit your resume to be considered!
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.