Melrose Park, IL
The Product Designer in this role builds key lines through innovative design, targeted development, and strong leadership. They are responsible for the development of product from ideation and concept rendering to prototype and mass production.
This individual is proactive, level-headed, highly organized, can work collaboratively or independently with minimal supervision. They work in partnership with teams across the company and play a critical role in shaping new talent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The designer in this position is responsible for:
- Development of new products across all product lines for mass, specialty, and club channels
- Adhering to strict cost targets, margin structures and price point requirements
- Building targeted, compelling product assortments for various customers
- Leading customer presentations and guiding the decision-making process
- Collaborating with sales directors to deliver winning product assortments
- Providing design, art, structural and packaging direction
- Managing the development calendar for multiple high-profile accounts
- Working closely with sourcing partners to find unique, cost-effective components
- Analyzing the competitive landscape to stay ahead of market trends
- Attending trade shows to identify new product sources and emerging trends
- Building strong partnerships with customers and suppliers
- Mentoring and training team members
A successful Product Designer will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent product management skills
- Keen understanding of product life cycle
- Ability to communicate ideas via sketch, digital rendering, and verbal direction
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage timelines and production goals
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Leads by example and enjoys coaching new talent
- Solid work ethic and dependability
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office
- PLM systems
- Web based portals
Please submit a resume and portfolio for immediate consideration!
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.