New York, NY
Vice President of Creative
Our client, a high-end contemporary womenswear brand is seeking an inspirational and highly experienced Vice President of Creative to elevate the brand while supporting the overall business growth across Wholesale, Ecommerce and Retail channels. This is a truly unique opportunity to create a consumer connection with purpose and lifestyle motivations.
The Vice President of Creative will have the opportunity to help visually articulate and architect the strategy, vision, and execution for all brand creative initiatives. The ideal candidate will be conceptual, strategic, and foster an environment of big thinking and collaboration between creative, brand marketing, digital and product teams. You have a broad range of hands-on experience from brand elevation, awareness and identity, seasonal campaigns, art direction and consumer connection through traditional, digital, and non-traditional platforms coming from a fashion/retail background. A strong sense of exploration and experimentation across a variety of mediums is a must. You are also a leader that can inspire creative and brand thinking and establish a clear culture—attracting and developing the highest performing, diverse talent.
- Effectively preside over all aspects of creative from ideation to execution in support of strategic initiatives and overall business goals, from everything from large scale global campaign shoots to eCommerce shoots to social media posts.
- Translate the business and marketing objectives for all three channels into a clear, visually stunning design that is easy to consume and emotionally engaging.
- Ensure branding and communication across all channels are consistent and aligned with the strategic vision of the brand.
- Partner with senior leadership within Marketing to create seasonal plans to help achieve and execute business strategies.
- You will define the brand’s creative needs and oversee a versatile creative team that includes various business units such as Production, Graphic/Web Design, Video, Photography, and Copywriting
- Lead Art Directors on seasonal campaign photoshoots to ensure all creative needs are captured.
- Oversee the design development and templates for all campaigns, advertising, digital communications, and corporate communications
- Develops the creative strategy and guides execution of social content, influencers, paid and organic.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field required and 15 plus years of creative leadership experience managing an omni channel team with a strong portfolio demonstrating excellence in brand identity, interactive design, typography, layout, color, and imagery, or an equivalent combination of education and experience within the fashion/retail industry
- Strong knowledge of creative trends and tools
- The ability and willingness to be hands-on and in the weeds with design while also being able to champion the brand strategy required
- Highly analytical, with an ability to leverage data and insights to inform creative strategies
- Must have stellar communication, presentation, problem-solving and leadership skills
- Inspire creativity and work well with different personality types- all while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced real time creative culture
- Must have a proactive, ultra-collaborative team-first attitude
Submit your resume to apply!
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.