New York, NY
Associate Designer- Outerwear
Our client is seeking an Associate Designer to join their team in NYC on a temporary basis! You will be working in the Outerwear category.
This is an ongoing full-time hour contract role.
- Create Design Cards, Line sheets, CADS, Technical Specs, etc.
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite to develop and edit designs
- Create and generate new style numbers for collections
- Maintain sketches and all images for styles in internal system
- Attend fittings and measure garments for developing technical packs
- Communicate fit details with overseas production teams.
- Collaborate with various staff including Design Management in creating boards, reports/decks as needed
- Maintain swatches, trims, and other samples
- Keep seasonal colors, palettes and standards up to date in necessary work spaces
- Assists Design Team and Management in miscellaneous tasks such as filling, organizing, scanning and photocopying if and when needed
- Participate in Design meetings as needed
- At least 2 years of experience as a Design Assistant or intern with strong portfolio
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Portfolio featuring CADs on Illustrator
- Examples of flats and technical drawings
- Excellent organization and self-management skills
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
Submit your resume to apply!
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.