New York, NY
HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner (HRBP) – Biotech
A fast-growing biotech based in downtown NYC is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to support our growing teams and leaders throughout various stages of the employee lifecycle. The HRBP will play a crucial role in aligning HR strategies with business objectives, fostering employee development, providing guidance and coaching to managers and enhancing employee development and engagement. This position will serve as a strategic partner across departments and will help to implement HR programs, policies and processes consistently and fairly. This is an addition to staff for our current HR team, servicing over 400 employees.
Salary is commensurate with experience: $100,000 - $150,000 + discretionary bonus, Stocks, PTO, Comprehensive Healthcare benefits, 401k match and more
Location: On site 3 days/week (Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays) at the new office in downtown NYC
• Act as a strategic partner for managers and team members, providing daily guidance and coaching on HR-related topics and issues
• Facilitate and drive current HR processes within recruitment, onboarding, offboarding, performance management, policy and procedure development, employee engagement and career development, etc. while continuously looking for ways to improve and optimize the employee experience
• Conduct weekly meetings with assigned departments to understand needs, concerns and feedback within individual teams
• Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to ensure consistent application of company policies
• Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.)
• Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as needed.
• Administer Leave of Absence requests and serve as point of contact for LOA related questions
• Work closely with the HR team to develop and implement various HR programs and initiatives, including performance reviews, trainings, handbook review, benefits, surveys, employee events and L&D Opportunities
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of team members and partner with the legal department as needed/required
-Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of relevant HR experience required
-Experience working in pharma, biotech or life science industry STRONGLY preferred
-Strongly understanding of multiple HR disciplines such as recruitment, performance management, compensation, headcount planning, career development, benefits and leave administration, etc.
-Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment highly preferred
-General knowledge of relevant employment law, personnel policies & procedures best practices
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, collaborative, and curious
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a strong sense of urgency
-Ability to work through organizational growth and supporting teams through change
- Experience implementing new HR systems preferred but not required
Please submit your resume to apply!
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.