Los Angeles, CA
Chief Investment Officer
The Chief Investment Officer (CIO) will report to the Company’s founder and CEO. The CIO will lead the firm’s multifamily investment and capital-raising strategy in targeting institutional quality assets in select high growth domestic markets. The ideal candidate will have a strong multifamily acquisitions and capital markets background that would include proven experience in sourcing, evaluating, and acquiring multifamily acquisition opportunities along with raising new capital from HNW investors or family offices. The CIO will be a strategic partner to the Company and have sound analytical skills and business sensibilities in being able to help lead the Company’s efforts in growing their multifamily platform.
- Portfolio Management: Oversee the management of the real estate investment portfolio, including acquisitions, dispositions, and asset management.
- Market Analysis: Conduct thorough market research and analysis to identify potential investment opportunities and trends in the real estate market.
- Risk Management: Develop and implement risk management strategies to protect the company's investments and assets.
- Financial Analysis: Analyze financial statements, pro forma models, and other financial data to evaluate the potential profitability and risks of real estate investments.
- Due Diligence: Lead due diligence efforts for potential investments, including property inspections, legal reviews, and financial evaluations.
- Capital Sourcing: Manage the process of raising capital for real estate investments, including securing debt and equity financing.
- Investor Relations: Maintain relationships with investors and provide regular updates on the performance of the real estate portfolio.
- Team Leadership: Build and lead a team of investment professionals, including asset managers, analysts, and support staff.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards in real estate investment.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, or similar field. Master’s degree in complimentary discipline or M.B.A., preferred.
- Experience: 10-15+ years of proven investment experience in multifamily acquisitions and deal structuring, including a successful equity raising track record with HNW investors or family offices.
- Financial Acumen: Strong financial analysis skills and a deep understanding of real estate investment metrics, including cap rates, IRR, and cash flow analysis.
- Market Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of local and national real estate markets, including trends, demographics, and economic indicators.
- Risk Management: Ability to assess and mitigate risks associated with real estate investments.
- Negotiation Skills: Strong negotiation skills for dealing with investors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Communication: Excellent communication and presentation skills for conveying investment strategies and results to various audiences.
- Leadership: Effective leadership and team management skills to motivate and guide a team of professionals.
- Regulatory Compliance: Familiarity with real estate laws, regulations, and compliance requirements.
- Problem-Solving: Strong problem-solving abilities to address complex issues that may arise during the investment process.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and adjust investment strategies accordingly.
We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.