New York, NY
Chief of Staff - Family Office
The Client is an established single-family office based in New York City, with additional properties on Long Island and in South Florida. This office serves the business and personal interests of the CEO, a renowned consumer products entrepreneur and active investor. Candidates must be comfortable with frequent traveling to all properties.
Seeking an experienced family office professional with broad knowledge of estate management, project management and staff management. The Chief of Staff will report to and support the CEO in the management and execution of all functions related to the estate and serve as the single point of contact concerning estate and staff matters. The Chief of Staff will be responsible for ensuring that the daily functions and services are flawlessly executed.
- With guidance from the CEO, provide direction and leadership to staff, create a high performance, collaborative environment in which projects are executed and goals are met in alignment with the CEO’s standards;
- Hire, develop and motivate staff to provide flawless execution and exceptional service; assist the CEO in setting performance objectives for staff and in conducting performance reviews;
- Actively manage the CEO’s real estate portfolio by planning for renovations and maintenance for all properties;
- Work along with CFO to oversee the acquisition and disposition of residential and commercial real estate;
- Manage art and wine collections, classic cars, and boats by coordinating repairs &maintenance with third party experts who maintain for such items;
- Proactively identify needs, issues and opportunities; recommend appropriate plans and actions after comprehensive research and concisely present alternatives to facilitate the CEO’s decision making; execute on CEO’s decisions; understand the CEO’s vision and manage projects and their details, keep CEO apprised of the status of projects and any issues at all times; oversee ad hoc projects as they arise and identify internal or external resources for projects;
- Participate in the design and maintenance of an effective estate operation by developing, implementing and overseeing the estate’s infrastructure of systems, processes, procedures and protocols to promote consistency, accuracy and efficiency in all operations;
- Assist the CEO in vetting and vendors and holding them accountable to the same high standards as current vendors; seek guidance of counsel to review all contracts and legal documents initially to advise CEO;
- Work with the CFO to develop and monitor budgets for residential expenses, construction, domestic staff payroll and personal valuables/investments;
- Streamline product procurement across all properties and centralize ordering to eliminate waste and ensure purchases are received;
- Manage the IT network across all properties with third-party Managed Service providers.
The Ideal Candidate:
The successful candidate will have a strong background in family office/estate management and will have exceptional project management and interpersonal skills. The individual must have the intellectual capacity, business acumen and professional integrity to support the CEO.
The ideal background includes:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the family office/estate management and real estate management industry;
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred (i.e., MBA or administration experience);
- Prior experience working with or advising family office clients or high net worth CEOs; understands and can relate well to high-net-worth clients and their unique needs; highly proactive approach to anticipating and serving client need,
- Ability to recruit, develop, motivate and retain exceptional employees and staff at all levels; strong leadership, management and mentoring skills; ability to lead a culture of quality and excellence;
- Strong organizational, project management and problem solving skills;
- Highly intelligent, creative and strategic thinker who anticipates issues and opportunities and effects solutions; ability to see the big picture with extreme attention to detail; strong analytical skills; disciplined and process oriented;
- Thorough and comprehensive in researching and analyzing solutions and alternatives with the ability to concisely present findings to facilitate decision making;
- Flexible, adaptable continuous learner with a “roll-up-your sleeves” approach and mentality;
- Dynamic, highly self-motivated, results oriented individual with a proven track record of managing multiple projects with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple constituencies to accomplish objectives;
- Possesses integrity, honesty and discretion; maintains confidentiality; highest level of loyalty;
- Demonstrate maturity and judgment; sensitive to the highly personalized and discreet nature of this function; effective in providing objective advice and counsel; sound judgment to understand when client issues need a broader audience; strong common sense; sound decision making skills;
- Clear, concise verbal and written communicator; strong presentation skills; strong interpersonal and listening skills;
- Technologically savvy;
- An industry competitive package will be offered, including a comprehensive benefits plan.
Compensation range for this role is between $175k-300k. Please submit a resume for consideration.
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.