New York, NY
Associate General Counsel
Global company that develops, manufactures, and distributes perfumes and cosmetics as the exclusive worldwide licensee for several top brands is seeking an Associate General Counsel.
This person will report into the General Counsel and will be responsible for providing legal services and support to the General Counsel and the Chief Financial Officer on a wide range of transactions and matters including, but not limited to, corporate governance, ESG/CSR, contracts, licensing, distribution and promotional contracts, commercial agreements, international business, securities law issuer compliance, human resources, and trademark issues.
- Prepare, draft and negotiate various corporate and commercial contracts (e.g., asset acquisition agreements, license agreements, and advertising, promotional and digital marketing contracts)
- Prepare, review and revise as needed, internal corporate governance and related compliance documents
- Advice and counselling on various matters
- Coordinate with international and regional sales teams on a global basis to prepare international distribution agreements
- Review of ancillary international document filings
- Review and support General Counsel with Exchange Act issuer compliance as needed
- Conduct Exchange Act legal research
- Strong comprehension, analytical and contract drafting skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and focus on the quality of work.
- Negotiation skills
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Willing to expand knowledge through training in additional areas of law
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Knowledge of French, Italian or Spanish a plus
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- NY Bar Admission
- Minimum of 8-10 years of well-rounded corporate/commercial generalist experience in a corporate practice
- Fragrance/beauty business experience
- Knowledge of or experience with international business, trademarks, contracts, corporate governance, human resources, and issuer securities law compliance
$180-220K base salary plus discretionary bonus and competitive benefits. The position is based 4 days/ week in Midtown Manhattan and remote 1 day/week.
You can use WorkGrades to collect and manage your references for free and share them with us or anyone else you choose. Candidates with references are always preferred by our clients. Now is the most important time to stand out from the crowd. We suggest that you ensure you have updated your LinkedIn profile and that you start collecting your references early.